If you think you may have a mold problem, don’t worry -- Moldxperts has you covered. Our team of microbial specialists provide mold inspection services throughout all of New Jersey and the surrounding area.
Our expert mold inspectors will complete a detailed mold inspection and assessment in your home or office to determine if any mold is present. Our inspectors are licensed, insured, and certified. Using specialized technology and years of expertise, we will quickly uncover and fix any issues.
Does your home or office have a foul odor or musty smell? Has your property had a leaking pipe, flood, or water damage? These are some of the most common signs that mold may be present.
Do you need a mold inspection?
Call today: (609) 318-4536
Our Mold Inspection Services
Our mold inspection and testing services include:
- Full visual inspection of the entire property.
- Mold thermal imaging.
- Identification of red flag areas (excess moisture, water intrusion, visible mold growth).
- Additional air or surface sampling (optional).
- Mold testing results from AIHA accredited laboratory.
- Air testing results.
- Detailed report with protocol for mold remediation (if necessary).
We provide full visual inspections of residential homes and commercial buildings, as well as most other types of property.
Residential Mold Inspections
We provide affordable home mold inspections in New Jersey. Living with mold is a serious health concern and, over time, it can cause negative health effects for you and your family. Mold often grows out of sight -- behind walls or beneath cabinets. Since it can be difficult to locate, it’s important to contact a professional with specialized equipment. At Moldxperts, we utilize thermal imaging cameras to locate and mold or moisture issues behind or beneath surfaces in your home. If there is mold inside a wall, we’ll be able to see it.
Do you think you have mold in your house? Contact us today. Click here to learn more.
If you think mold may be present in your office, store, or commercial building, we provide commercial mold inspection services. A thorough inspection will make sure that your tenants or employees remain healthy and safe. We quickly locate any mold problems and, if necessary, help you with removal or remediation.
In addition to mold testing, we can also test the indoor air quality. The air is tested for the presence of mold, combustion gases, asbestos, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), radon, pesticides, and rodent droppings.
Contact us today to get your commercial property inspected. Click here to learn more.
Our Mold Inspection Process - How it Works
Our specialists will perform a thorough inspection of your home. We search for and identify any sources of mold or mold spores. To find mold behind walls and beneath surfaces, we use an advanced thermal imaging camera. The camera is capable of detecting and locating any mold or moisture that may be present. If any mold or spores are discovered, we take samples for testing. In addition, we will also take samples of the air for indoor air quality testing.
After the samples are gathered, we complete our advanced mold testing process. The mold testing will determine the exact type of mold that is present. The air testing will determine the air quality in your home and inform us about anything else that may be present in the air.
Once the testing is complete, we provide you with a full report and assessment. We will explain what options are available, and we will recommend the best course of action. In some cases, mold removal may be the best solution. In other instances, mold remediation may be a better solution.
If you have any questions about our inspection process, please feel free to call us at: (609) 318-4536.
We care about your privacy and work hard to protect it. All data and test results are kept confidential and are only shared with you or your designated representative.
5 Signs That You Need a Mold Inspection
Not sure if you need a mold inspection? These are a few of the signs that it’s time to call a professional mold inspector:
- There is a bad smell. If you smell mold, you should contact a mold inspector as soon as possible. When you are able to smell mold that is not visible, it is likely growing somewhere out of sight. The smell of mold can be described as a “musty odor”.
- Mold growth is visible. If you think you see mold growing, even if you are not sure, an inspection is a good idea. It’s better to be safe.
- There is water damage. If you have experienced a leak, flood, or other water issue, it is likely that mold has started to grow. In many cases, mold begins to form behind the walls and out of sight. Soon after, mold will make its way into the air.
- You have mold exposure symptoms. If you are experiencing health issues that are similar to the symptoms of mold exposure, it is a very good idea to get your home inspected for mold. Common mold symptoms include coughing, headaches, sneezing, and a runny and/or stuffy nose.
- You are buying or selling a property. When purchasing a new home or property, an inspection is always a good idea. Since you don’t know the history of the house, it may have had water damage or mold issues in the past.
Mold Inspection FAQs
How much does a mold inspection cost?
The cost of mold inspection is largely determined by the size of the home or property. To get a quote for inspection, please give us a call at (609) 318-4536. Please feel free to ask any questions, our number one priority is your health and safety. We are happy to help!
What are some signs of mold in your house?To help determine if mold may be in your home, these are a few of the easy signs to look out for.
- Musty smell.
- Visible mold growth.
- Water damage.
- Experiencing mold exposure symptoms: coughing, headache, sneezing, and runny nose.
Is it safe to stay in a house with mold?
We do not recommend staying in a house with mold for an extended period of time. While some types of mold are not dangerous or toxic, you won’t know what type of mold is present until it is tested. Some types of mold, such as black mold, produce toxic mycotoxins which are not healthy to breathe in.
What is black mold?
Black mold, or stachybotrys, is a type of microfungus. Black mold often grows in buildings and homes after water damage has occured. The presence of black mold can have an adverse effect on many people, causing aches and pakes. Some people also experience a burning throat, cough, and fever.
If you think you may have black mold in your home, it is extremely important that you contact a professional to come do thorough inspection and testing.
What is the difference between mold and mildew?
While mold and mildew are both a common type of fungi, there are a few key differences. Mildew usually grows on moist, warm surfaces. It has a fluffy texture and is usually a light color such as yellow or white. Because it grows on surfaces, mildew is usually visible and easily identified.
Mold, on the other hand, typically grows underneath surfaces, out of sight. Mold flourishes in areas that have experienced water damage or gotten wet. It is usually a shade of green or black. Many types of mold also produce a musty odor.
For a free inspection quote, call today: (609) 318-4536